Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo: Margarita Cupcakes Recipe

Happy Cinco de Mayo bloggers! People who know me would probably tell you that I should of been born Mexican because I absolutely love mexican food. Everything about it just draws me in! This  "holiday" just gives me an excuse to endulge in tacos and margaritas!

I love to try new things but I'm not sure margarita tacos would be a great combination so for my freind's cinco de mayo party yesterday I made margarita cupcakes instead! I found this great recipe on Pinterest but I changed it to be much more simple and easier to make! Hope you all enjoy! Let me know in the comments if you make them and how they turned out-love hearing feedback!

What you need:
1 box of Betty Crocker yellow cake mix (I usually do homemade cupcakes, but to make it more simple I used the box)
3 eggs
1/3 cup of butter
1 cup of already made Margarita Mix -IN PLACE OF WATER (with or without alcohol; your choice)
2 limes
Cupcake liners
Vanilla frosting
Green sprinkles
1 pack of drink umbrellas





What to do:
Pre-heat oven 325 degrees
In a bowl add cake mix, eggs, butter, margarita mix and blend until smooth.
Pour into cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes
Let cool for about 15-20 minutes
Frost the top and add sprinkes
Cut up quarter size limes and add to the side
Place your umbrella on the other side of lime

xoxo Janeen

2 comments:

Jamille Costa said...

LOOKS DELISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janeen said...

They were!!! Thanks for tasting them! :)