Friday, March 8, 2013

Fun Cake Trend!

I have to admit that Carvel cakes with the "crunchies" in the middle are still my favorite cakes of all time, but lately there has been a new trend of these sculptured cakes. Cake designers can make anything!!!

Yesterday was my love's 30th birthday! We already celebrated in Chicago last weekend but as a "surprise" I wanted to get him a really awesome cake so I ordered him a Chicago Bulls hat cake from the amazing Kyle Cherry! I can not explain enough how great it came out; Kyle is truly talented. Thank you so much Kyle we were ecstatic!

Here are some pictures below. For more information on Kyle's cakes, check him out on Facebook at: Kyle Cherry and on Instagram at: ILOVECAKES2012. So what do you all think? Are you into the new cake trend?


                                                            
 
                                                              
 
 
xoxo
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're in MD, a great cake place would be Michelle's cakes in Indian Head. She did our wedding cake as well as that awesome birthday cake for dad at the rehearsal dinner.

Janeen said...

Awesome! I did love all her cakes...esp the Yankee one! Left me speechless! :)